Tuesday, May 12, 2009

milling around: Bullitt County

I got to spend a little bit of time this past weekend in the county I grew up in: Bullitt County. In Kentucky we're from counties, unless you live in Lexington or Louisville. Bullitt County is quite the gem just south of Louisville. Where else can you buy veggies or roses on the side of the road (most likely under an overpass, for shade), visit the nation's longest go-kart track (seriously), tour a nationally known bourbon distillery (Jim Beam), shop at the "World's Most Awesome Flea Market" (self-proclaimed title, not mine), and, if you're real lucky, be given half a cow for Christmas? I'm not making this stuff up. Bullitt County is unique indeed. 

I'm sure my short paragraph didn't answer all of your burning questions about the place I called home for so many years. Visit www.travelbullitt.org/faqs for more. I'm truly amazed that that this website actually exists, although the many errors quickly confirm its authenticity.

While there, I spent time celebrating the graduation of my good pal Misty. You can call her Mits. I do. 
Mits has cows.
They kept a close eye on me, but willingly posed for a few photos.



I gave Mits a painting for graduating

That is all...

1 comment:

  1. Please send me the errors you noted on our web site. We would be most happy to correct them. We are also proud our our community and the many attractions in our area to allow travelers to visit. ewilson@travelbullitt.org.

    ReplyDelete