Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3:02 AM

It's 3:02 am and I've officially decided that sleep will not come tonight. I've been trying since 11-ish to get my body to zonk out, take a break, and get some much needed rest. However, my mind refuses to shut down. I've replayed the ending to game 4 of the Magic vs. Cleveland series that I just watched (5 hours ago). It was a good ending. I actually like Lebron quite a bit, but not as much as I like the Magic as a whole. Come on, you got Dwight Howard blocking shots, J.J. Redick making the bench look beautiful, and Courtney Lee making WKU proud. I've thought about the summer ahead and the recent weeks passed. I've reminisced older times and laughed out loud a few times. Surprisingly, no tears tonight. If you know me at all, you know I'm good at crying. Really good. But they just won't fall. 

It's been a few years since I've pulled an all-nighter and even longer since that all-nighter didn't involve an upcoming exam. I'm not sure why I can't sleep. I don't feel stressed. I don't feel anxious. To be honest, I'm not feeling much of anything, which is strange for me. And a little bit scary. I ALWAYS have thoughts and opinions. It's safe to say the Lord is doing some kind of work in me, but I've not quite got it figured out...

...so here I am. Wide awake. Well, now that I'm up and about I don't feel as much awake as I did while lying in bed. Lame. But anyways, I've decided to pass the time by starting a new piece. I wouldn't call it a painting exactly, but there will be paint involved. I'm going to document the rest of my night in a few posts so everyone who did get sleep in the morning will have something to help them pass the time at work. You're welcome. :)

Earlier tonight (before I had given up on sleeping, but wasn't quite ready to call it a night) I was browsing a few sites and saw this:

The other day I came across a folder with a bunch of cutout words and phrases that was just one of many projects I had started but never finished. I'm going to steal this idea and make my own. But it will be a lady. Because that's what I am.

Not sure I can finish it before I have to start getting ready for work or before I decide that any sleep is good and necessary for the day, but we'll see how far we get. I'll keep you posted (get it, posted?).

that is all... but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment