Sunday, June 28, 2009

MILLing about: the Marathon Village



Nashville has a lot of old structures. I love old buildings. Especially when they have had little work done to them. A few weeks ago I took a co-worker along for some picture taking (thanks, Heather!). We spent most of our time at the old Marathon Automobiles building. It was quite cool and we were surprised to find that part of it is in use.

So, we know that Marathon was open from 1907 - 1914. We assumed that was the year it was built as well, but later I noticed another part of the building that read 1881. Either way, this is an old building.

Not sure why I think this is cool, but I like it.

I love old signs. We came across a little cut out area with a gate that had lots of signs stored away. I was tempted to sneak one away, but resisted... for now.

Unfortunately, the back part of the building has collapsed. Kinda a lot collapsed.

That's all. I didn't get any pictures on the LONG drive there. Pretty sure we circled the place a time or two before finding it. Nor did I get pictures of the hearse graveyard across the street (sorry, Heather).

No comments:

Post a Comment