Tuesday, March 2, 2010

With a humbled heart...

My mom will start chemo on March 10. I don't completely understand how it all works, but from what I gather she will receive treatment on the 10, 11, and 17, rest for 21 days, and start the cycle again. I've been so inspired by her courage, hope, and humbleness. She actually asked me what she did to deserve all of this and she didn't mean the cancer. She didn't understand why so many people had offered their support, meals, flowers, food, cards, etc. She claimed she was spoiled and didn't deserve all the love. Wow. If you know her then you know that she would give you anything you needed even if it meant that she went without. It's who she is. And I am humbled.

I feel like I have so much more to say, but with everything going on in my head these days I can't sort the words out. Please keep yourselves updated on Emmett's cancer battle (see the "Courage to Conquer" blog linked to the right) and I'll try and post updates on my mom's treatment and such as often as I can. Thank you for your continued support.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for her tomorrow on her first day of treatment!

    ReplyDelete