Monday, March 15, 2010

SEC Tournament Recap


So my beloved Wildcats are back on top - for now. We still have the tournament that matters to go, but the SEC Tournament was quite the win. I had a blast. A few highlights:

  • Watching Rick Stansbury constantly stand near mid-court when the teams were on the opposite end. I have no idea how he got away with it the entire game, but when John Wall tackled him, justice was served
  • Arriving at the first game anxious to find our seats. Turns out they were in the upper level, corner, and in the very last row. It was pretty nice actually and shows how close to not having tickets we were
  • Woman's shirt on the street. The front read, "In Kentucky we love our cousins," while the back read, "In Tennessee they marry them." We Kentucky fans like to keep things classy
  • Scalpers swarming me with their wads of cash
  • Selling my tickets to session 5 for a cool $500. That's $250 per ticket. I only paid $275 for the entire book of tickets - six sessions
  • Having the one and only Lang Leichardt in the seat directly in front of me in an arena that holds 18,000 people
  • Running into the Eric Wilson on the escalator at the Fanfare. He was walking down the up one and frightened my friends a bit.
  • Finding my uncle at Big River downtown. There were an estimated 180,000 fans in town and we choose the same place to grab some grub. Unfortunately, we were too late and no seating near a TV was available
  • Passing Kenny "Sky" Walker on the street. He's a big boy
And finally, my favorite non-basketball related story from the weekend. Mid-way through the first session I decided to get some nachos. Five dollar and fifty cent nachos to be exact. I handed the gal a ten dollar bill and said, "Oh, I think I have the fifty cents." Turns out I didn't have the change and when I told her that her response was, "So that's like $4.75, right?" Nice. Turns out she was from Kentucky. Our reputation, unfortunately, does have merit.

No comments:

Post a Comment