Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Blogoversary!

One year ago today I started this here little blog with an intro blog post. It's been a fun and crazy year, both in my life and in my blog's life, but today is not about looking back. Today is about looking forward...

You see, today was my last full-time day at Abingdon Press. Yep. I'll be there part-time a bit in May, but have decided to jump off the ledge and pursue the things I love. It's something I've been thinking about for a very long time and finally felt confident enough to make the move. I'm going to pursue writing and photographymostly photographyand hopefully still be able to pay the bills!

I'll be working part-time as marketing coordinator for a real estate broker. I think it will be a fun and interesting new gig where there will be a lot to learn and a lot to do (I like to stay busy). Working less hours during the week will free up time for me to focus on my future. The small paycheck will be nice (and needed) while I get my website up and start marketing myself.

It's a strange and terrifying transition, but I'm excited to see what the next few months, and years, of my life bring. I'm someone who likes structure in my life. A weekly schedule that stays the same. A fixed income that pays the bills. A comfort zone. This will not be any of the above things, which in some way convinces me that this is why it is right. I'm being led this direction and it is definitely not something I would choose to do on a whim.

So, keep an eye out for the new things on the horizon. I plan to have the new site up by the end of May, but hope to keep this blog going for personal use—separate from the new website.

It's about to get real interesting around here...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Did the crew throw you a party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! you ARE a photographer/artist and I can't wait to see what you are capable of! miss you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete