Saturday, January 30, 2010

Introducing: Brayan James Baker

Brayan James Baker was born at 7:58 am, January 29, 2010. If you took his daddy's face and shrunk it down it would look just like this! You gotta admit, he's pretty dang cute.

He's 6 pounds, 12 ounces and 19.5 inches long.

I got the call at 2:12 am Friday morning that Little Dude was on his way. The drive from Nashville to Louisville (to meet the parents and head to Chicago) seemed to go by pretty quickly. Along the way, I became thankful (or more thankful) for a few things:
  • Coffee. No better time for it than 2:30 in the morning
  • The 24-hour gas station by my house. It's not sketchy so I felt semi-safe
  • Darkness. Especially when I'm singing at the top of my lungs (and dancing) to stay awake. It's nice not to worry about getting caught by the few other drivers on the road
  • Cruise control. It was hard to not drive as fast at the road would let me so I could get to nephew. Cruise control kept me safe and allowed me to focus on other things - like my superb singing
  • The deer grazing on the side of the road. It was cool site to see at 3 in the morning. I'm mostly thankful for their mother who must've taught them not to play in the street
  • Dave Barnes. His combination of love, heartbreak, and (non-cheesy) faith songs are a great mixture of music to jam to in the early morning hours
There will be plenty more photos to come. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I believe that his hair is the most awesome haircut I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorrayy!!! Congratulations, he looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete