Sunday, July 26, 2009

MILLing about: Alabama (w/Kitty)


I spent the past weekend hanging out with an old friend. Elizabeth (aka: Liv, Liver, Patty, Kitty) and I have known each other since the middle school-ish years. She now lives in Pelham, Alabama just south of Birmingham.  We spent a few hours wondering around, sweating, and getting a few fun photos.

My favorite picture from the weekend. We found this train "museum" that was more like a train junkyard. The sign said, "for your safety do not climb on the equipment." We promptly pretended to not see the warning and continued about our train hopping.



I'm not used to being in front of the camera, so when the opportunity arises I look like this:

Next, we visited a state park. We found a waterfall trail and decided that .4 miles wouldn't be tough in flip flops. The path was only paved/gravel for about .2 miles. Then came the worst hiking I've ever experienced. Trees, rocks, and a cliff had to be maneuvered around to get to the falls. The folks we passed who were making the return trip told us it wasn't worth it. Apparently the fall was more like a trickle that day and the climbing required to get there wasn't worth the effort. Even though we didn't make it to the fall/trickle we did stop to take a few pictures.

Anyone else think it looks like Kitty is climbing a tree?

I'm quite the jumpy person. I'm not a fan of anything that might fly/hop/run at me. Even this little butterfly caused me some fright for a few seconds.

That is all...

Coming soon: A trip to a KY farm. You're gonna love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment